Monday, February 14, 2011

CRM 4.0 SiteMap.xml and "Object doesn't support this property or method" error.

Today I came across an unusual error where a custom SiteMap SubArea (mapping to a URL) entry was causing an "Object doesn't support this property or method" when the user was navigating to the other subareas in the sitemap configuration in the same page.

Eventually I found out the SubArea's parent Group had the same ID, and this was causing the issue. Simply changing the Id's fixed the error. (Would have been nice to have an error that was raised somewhere which indicated this, but such is life.)

I hope this saves someone some agony out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. That literally saved me lots of time since I was making lots of sitemap changes and would not have found this issue easily.

Thanks again for your help.

MJ